Season is nearing the corner! And it’s that time of the year to dust off your Brownie’s Third Lung system, and bring it into the factory for maintenance and service. Before every season begins, your systems should always be brought in for yearly maintenance and service to ensure efficiency and maximum performance.
Stop by our factory and headquarters in Pompano Beach, FL now to be prepared for mini season and summer diving adventures.
Check out our Brownie’s Maintenance Time Video!
Inspect your unit:
- Gas-powered systems require oil changes every 100 hours engine run time. It’s important to note that oil is always purchased separately from our systems. You should inspect your oil level prior to starting your system before each dive.
- The Direct Drive compressor has consumable parts that wear over time. Every 125-250 hours, the piston’s seal cup should be inspected and/or replaced. Please note that if you are noticing less air flow, this is your indicator to get a rebuild kit.
- Don’t forget to inspect the bowl of the carburetor for any residual gunked up fuel from last year. Brownie’s recommends Non-ethanol when available or utilize any of the fuel stabilizers available on the market.
- Check each QRS fitting and Y divider. It’s always good to have one spare of each in your spare parts kit.
- Examine your regulator for mouth bites (natural wear or bite marks)
- Check the buckles on your weight belts, and make certain you have your weight pockets.
- Make adjustments to weight belts as needed
- Inflate your float tube and allow it to sit for 24 hours to ensure it’s holding air.
- Locate your clear air intake staff and diving flag
This checklist is essential when it comes to service and maintenance and divining on our systems! For additional information on keeping your Brownie’s Third Lung dive-ready, check out this flyer here: Link to start up of systems flyer on website.
As a courtesy, we are offering 10% off to our loyal customers during the month of May. Bring your gear in for annual service on parts and labor.
See you soon!